Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting my hands dirty

I can't recall the last time I felt so excited about the prospect of going back to work as I am right now. A few months ago I began sending out my resume and filling out online applications for different jobs. The job market is tight and I didn't really get any responses, but didn't panic or get frustrated with the process because I know God is faithful to provide and we've been doing just fine. But today, I had a meeting for a prospective job. I feel funny about calling it work or a job. I'll be helping our new church in their business office. I am so excited about getting back out there and being productive. After leaving our last place of worship where I also worked and was heavily involved in ministry early this year, I have kind of been hanging back from diving back into ministry. But God has been tugging on my heart for some time and I am so excited to have the opportunity to serve Him in this way again. Yesterday the sermon was about the different ways that we worship the Lord. I have to say that even though I feel close to the Lord when I am singing praise and worship songs to Him and when I am surrounded by nature; the beautiful world He created...just the idea that I will be serving Him once again in ministry; getting my hands dirty for God...I am so excited!

No comments: