Thursday, October 16, 2008

How did that happen?

I think that it's quite possible that one of my 4 pets has opposible thumbs and rolled the dial on my scale forward so that it would say that I weigh more than I actually do. This is the first week in my bodybugg use that I have shown a weight gain on the day that I record my weight. Using the bodybugg you update your online profile once a week. For the first three weeks of using my bodybugg I lost about 2 pounds a week. Today I'm up 8/10th's of a pound. I know it's not much, but it's going in the wrong direction. Surprisingly, I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. Perplexed yes, but not really upset. I guess the Lord is finally getting through to me in really believing my live-for-today montra "Tomorrow is another day". But it got me wondering why or how I could have actually gained back some weight instead of losing it. I went looking for answers in the Bible and found the Proverbs passage that might be familiar to many about not leaning on our own understanding. What's so awesome is how the Lord revealed the following verses to me that talked about bringing health to my body and nourishment to my bones. While the underlying meaning of this verse may not be as literal; it speaks to me today. God is so awesome!

1 comment:

V said...

Girl, if your sticking to the program...be assured it's water weight. You didn't gain. It's frustrating, I know. I've been doing that for 3 months. Just drink lots of water and you'll see it comes right back off. If that fails go sit in the sauna at your gym. I think that's cheating though. :) Your doin great...
Val